THE KEY OF SUCCESS

 

Once upon a time, there was a pampered kid, who was used to depending on his parents about anything in his life. He will always cry if something bad happens. When he grew up, he realized that he needed to be an independent person one day. He knew that he would be registered in a secondary school one day. What will happen if he lives without his parents? Can he survive?

This story is about a kid who needs to survive as a religious student in a secondary school, and that is me. My friends used to call me “one”. So in this story, I will share about my efforts to be a student who wants to be independent and beneficial to others. I never dreamed of being a student at any religious school, my dream secondary school was MRSM KUALA TERENGGANU after receiving my UPSR result.

One day, I was playing ahhaa video game in my room. I heard someone calling my name “Hanif…. Hanif, come here for a while please”. I realized that it was my father. I thought maybe he needed me to lend him some help.  But suddenly, my father showed me the secondary school results. What a surprise, I got the MRSM that I dreamed of before. Such a beautiful day to know that I could register myself at my dream school.

One day, my parents wanted to bring me to have breakfast together. We talked about my future school. I was very excited but my mother told me to not be so happy about the result. Then, my mother wanted to ask me something but she said to me to get ready first. I was nervous to know what my mother wanted to ask me. She asked me to go for an interview for a religious school named SMAASZA. I was very shocked to know that my mother wanted me to be a student there. But I did not like the school because I thought that the school would be very strict, especially about discipline.

I could not do anything except follow my mother's instructions to attend the interview. But I had an idea. I just need to fail myself in the interview if I want to study at the MRSM. I was very glad to have such a great idea. I asked my mother about the interview date acting like I could not wait to attend it. Looking at my beloved mother's face, she wanted me to register myself at the religious school. The day of the interview was around the corner, my parents started to buy me some books for me to study hard, I just needed to obey them as they were the only parents I had.\

The day has come, I just wanted to finish the exam but I did not know why I felt very nervous on that day. Until my name was called to enter the interview room. I walked towards the room and saw a male teacher ready with a Quran. I thought maybe he wanted me to memorize a surah or anything. He pleased me to have a seat and asked me about myself. After that, he just wanted me to read some pages of the Quran receptions. I felt very relieved because I did not have to face the memorized examination.

It was a week after the interview, I heard a car was parked in front of my house. Probably my mother arrived safely after teaching at her school. My mother asked me to open the gate and suddenly she rushed to her room. I just asked my mother why she was too rushing. Then she happily said that I passed the religious school interview. I was very shocked because I wanted to fail myself on that day. “oh no !!” this would be worse because I thought my dream was buried. Absolutely because my mother will ask me to go to that school and she will convince my father too. Usually, my father will follow his beloved wife.

 

It happened, I was asked to study at SMAASZA. It was a bad dream that came true. When I first entered the school. It was such a gloomy day for me. No more eating with my family every day. No more my mother washes my clothes like usual. No more hanging out with my father every evening. Time flies so fast, we used to be together once, but after registering for this school, I felt different. It was called, homesick. It was not a physical effect, but it was like a hard feeling that attacked you from the bottom of your heart. I was crying every day even when I prayed.

Remembering all the memories, made me feel down sometimes. I was a student who was called a dumb student in Arabic. Since I was registered in this religious school, I have struggled more than other gifted students, especially in Arabic subjects. But the great fact that I wanted to share was about a key to success. My success key was homesickness. Why? Because when I feel down and under pressure, I will remember all the sacrifices made by my parents. I studied very hard to pass the exam. In addition, I hated mathematics so much. I failed in mathematics once. So I decided to practice crazily to make my parents happy with me.

Although SMAASZA was not my first choice, but it was my parent's choice and I knew their sacrifices were more than my favor. But I never gave up because always thinking about my parents. Until one day, I managed to get an A+ in all the Arabic subjects and mathematics. Grateful to Allah because helped me push myself to be a better student.

Finally, alhamdulillah I became an excellent student at SMAASZA. The teachers always talk about me in front of the other students. I was asked to be a motivator to another school once to share my experiences. I recapped again my key to success, it was from a “homesick” feeling. I thought this moment was a meaningful in my life as it was started when I needed to obey my parents choice. That’s all from me. Thank you for reading this blog 😉

Comments